[Digikam-users] missing thumbnails - database cleanup???

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Jan 6 18:53:48 GMT 2015

Am 06.01.2015 um 19:35 schrieb jdd:
> Le 06/01/2015 19:06, Daniel Bauer a écrit :
>
>> However, I gave it a try, renamed the thumbnails-digikam.db, started
>> digikam, went to that folder with the two missing images - all thumbs
>> were rebuilt, /except the missing two/...
>
> first thing, move the two on an other folder to make simple tests :-)
>
> can you see them in kde (dolphin)? are them jpg? try showfoto standalone
> (right clic the photo and choose showfoto)
>
> jdd

I did those tests. They are in dolphin. I can open them with any image
program (gwenview, gimp, kwickshow and now I tried showphoto, too),
dolphin also shows a thumbnail.

I copied them on the desktop, renamed them, put them in another
digikam-folder: digikam just doesn't like those images

If I open in gwenview, save as other name (still jpg), then digikam
shows the new one.

There must be something in those images that disturbs digikam. I could
understand if they were made with an exotic program, but actually they
were resized and added metadata *with digikam batch process*, together
with the other 23 images in the same folder - but two don't show...

Strange, isn't it?

Daniel

http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137