[Digikam-users] Crash when exporting Slideshow to Video

Michael Gerdau mgd at qata.de
Mon Feb 9 14:19:45 GMT 2015

> These messages are abnormal :
[snipped]

> Sound like libkipi and kipi-plugins versions are not synchronized on
> your system.

Not sure that is the case. However after installing 3 additional packages,
namely libgpod libkvkontakte libmediawiki these msgs went away.

> Else :
>
> #4  0x00007fff0bc412b1 in DestroyImage () from
> /usr/lib/libMagickCore-6.Q16HDRI.so.2
> #5  0x00007fff101179b2 in ?? () from
> /usr/lib/kde4/kipiplugin_videoslideshow.so
>
> ... is a crash from ImageMagick  C++ library used by the plugin.

That crash remains after reinstalling libkipi and kipi-plugins as well as
imagemagick.

Anything simple I could do to further debug this ?
Maybe issuing some imagemagick commands in a shell that replicate some
of the stuff digikam tries to do when it invokes imagemagick.

The idea is that for whatever reason maybe some of the involved JPG
files are broken one or the other way.

Best wishes,
Michael
 Michael Gerdau       email: mgd at qata.de