[Digikam-users] Geolocation - how to add/edit

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Wed Dec 2 11:30:13 GMT 2015

Having played around a bit I see what you mean.  I can get it to work
using Marble Virtual Globe, but the detail on that just allows me to
select the correct road but no closer.  Using Google maps, once I have
selected an image that it can display, if I then select an image with no
data it has the previous map, but if I try to move the area outside the
original display is just blank.  I did try drag and drop onto the
'blank' map, and when I looked at the result it was in northern Canada,
rather than central England as I wanted :-)

Thanks for your help anyway.  This aspect is of less concern now that I
know a bit more about geolocation, I am currently working on a device to
record the data and I will then use a script to match time/date and load
it to database table, then probably find some way to tag existing images
and bulk load to those as well

Cheers
Mick