[Digikam-users] Another case of "Missing Thumbnails" :-(

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 12:37:56 BST 2015

Under OSX, there is a system limitation which do not exist under Linux (or
if you prefer, a different UNIX system settings) : The max open files by
users.

http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/tuning/open-files-limit/#Mac-OS-X

Look this blog entry for details, and try to tune OSX to increase the
limit, to see if this improve digiKam...

Note : Under my Yosemite, no similar dysfunction are visible, with default
system settings.