[Digikam-users] ShowFoto vs Photo Editor in digiKam

Thiele, Nic (PIRSA) Nic.Thiele at sa.gov.au
Mon Aug 24 01:37:20 BST 2015

Hi All,

The overview on the website says ShowFoto is "A stand-alone image editor version named ShowFoto is also available. It runs without digiKam images database support, but provides all Image Editor functions". I just upgraded digiKam and despite an extensive search can't find a way to activate the image editing (rotate, export etc.) functions in ShowFoto. Previously I launched ShowFoto as a standalone image editing application (since I don't require the collection management tools) but now it appears these functions are only available by launching digiKam and using the "Image Editor". Have these editing tools been removed from ShowFoto since version 3.4 or is there a way to enable them? Otherwise, can I launch the "Image Editor" outside digiKam somehow? I'm using digiKam 4.11 on Windows.

Thanks,
Nic