[Digikam-users] Is "Auto-rotate/flip according to EXIF orientation" a recent addition?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Sat Apr 4 18:05:58 BST 2015

Peter Albrecht <peter at crazymonkeys.de> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> in DigiKam 4.4.0, I select all my images (thumbnails) and
> click in the main menu:
>
>    Image -> Autorotate/Flip using EXIF information
>
> I don't know, when this has been added, but I guess it has
> been there for several years now. (I already used it with
> digikam 3.x., if I remember correctly.)
>
> Please have a look in the main menu.

Ah, yes, the KDE documentation is misleading, see:-
    https://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-setup.html
it says "you can right-click on the thumbnail and select
Auto-rotate/flip according to EXIF orientation."

It would actually be easier if one could do it with a right-click.

> As for the batch-process:
> The "Batch Queue Manager" in DigiKam provides a Tool called
> "Rotate". Using this, you can select "[ ] Use Exif Orientation".

Aha! :-)  Exactly what I want, I had looked down into the "Batch Queue
Manager" but hadn't realise that I needed to double-click on "Rotate"
to get the relevant options.

Thanks very much!

--
Chris Green