[Digikam-users] very fancy behavior of digikam :: bug or feature

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 21 07:31:37 BST 2014

On Saturday 20 September 2014 20:54:44 Martin Kaspar wrote:
> dear digikam experts - good day
>

> (funny - i postet this bug one week ago - but no body was aware of it)

Oh, I at least was aware of it...
You asked about this "bug" several times in this list, and were answered
the first few times. If you don't like the answer and post the same
question again, I for one choose NOT to reply again.

I'll give it one final try.

> i noticed a funny & fancy thing  - i cannot (!!!) view files & folders on
> the suse-linux. this is really a serious thing - is it a bug or a
feature.

Digikam is not a file browser, but a manager/editor for a photo collection.
Which means you have to tell it where to find your images. This is a
feature. And you have been told this before.

> to begin with the beginning:
>

> i run digiKam version 3.5 on opensuse 13.1
>
> i wonder if i can see images that are not (!!) in a album!?
>
> Why am i not able to do so?
>
> all i can see are images that are associated to an album;

That's the way Digikam is designed => not a bug.

> why cant i open images in the document root of my opensuse version 13.1?
>
> if i try to open an Album with the dolphin - i get back the result:
>
> Cannot open the root. It is not a physical location.

That, you should ask in a Dolphin mailing list or forum.

> WHY IS THIS SO!? Digikam version 3.5: Cannot open the root. It is not a
> physical location.

Details about your set-up (like what directory/album you want to access)
would help an interested party to figure out what goes wrong (if anything
goes wrong, which I doubt). And screaming at us won't work, it annoys.