[Digikam-users] collection move

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Sep 20 08:17:27 BST 2014

Hello,

Collctions are prone to grow and so to move, for example to a bigger disk.

some video editing software are able, when not finding they data to ask for a
new location.

could it be possible to have an option in the setup/collection menu to find
the collection on an other media?

example: I had collections on two usb disks, one 2Tb, the other 1.5Tb. I
copied them all on a new usb 4Tb disk.

I had to rebuild the digikam database from the image metadata, and this did
take nearly a full day.

It's one reason I don't find database reliable and store all in the image
metadata.

Digikam internal move are much too slow to be usable

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.org