[Digikam-users] No way to see the batch work progress

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 21:43:12 BST 2014

As I said in my previous message, I have no way to know whether work in the
background is still in progress or not. In the past, I used to wait for
quite a long time and, seeing no apparent change, killed Digikam.
Today, I waited as long as I could ... and it took 7 full hours to update
the attributes of the 79 pictures that had been previously treated by the
batch tool manager!
What had been done in the BTM was: 1) resize pictures to 792px max, 2) add
some "netteté", 3) convert to JPEG (original pictures were TIFF) and 4) put
the JPEG files in an other directory. The BTM seemed to run smoothly, but
it ended 7 hours ago, and I still had to wait up to now for Digikam to
finish the attributes update.
And I still cannot see any thumbnail in any album view, though pictures can
be displayed in full size. The refresh button doesn't change anything. I
tried to reconstruct the thumbnails of one album and Digikam became
unresponsive.

The database has been recreated from scratch a couple of weeks ago, in an
attempt to begin again with 'clean tags'.
Am I the only one to have such response time problems?
What can be done to have Digikam word 'normally'?

Marie-Noëlle