[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.2 on Ubuntu

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Fri Sep 5 06:41:17 BST 2014

Le Wed, 03 Sep 2014 09:54:28 +0200, Joel <8 at tfoa.org> a écrit:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to try Digikam 4.2 on Ubuntu but the Ubuntu Software Center
> only lists version 3.5
>
> I was hoping that since it has been out for a while that It would have
> been made available from the Software Center by now
>
> How can I install 4.2?
>
> PS: I'm a new Linux user and don't know how to compile software

Hi,

It would be better if tell which version of Ubuntu you use, but I presume
you use the last stable (14.04) and so, if you want to use Digikam 4.2 on
it, you have to use the Philip5 ppa here :

https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/ubuntu/extra?field.series_filter=trusty

So install this PPA with instructions furnished and refresh your
repositories and Digikam should appears in 4.2 version now and if
installed, probably ask for an update.

--
Utilisant le logiciel de courrier d'Opera : http://www.opera.com/mail/