[Digikam-users] no thumbnails shown in albums (digikam 4.2.0 compiled from src)

Frantisek Repkovsky frantisek.repkovsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:43:30 BST 2014

Hello,

I compiled digikam 4.2.0 from sources successfully but when i start
digikam, I cannot see any thumbnails for photos in Albums. When starting
digikam in terminal, I can see error msgs from kio-slave resp. klauncher
about unknown protocols digikamdates, digikamalbums (see below)...

I used "bootstrap.linux" script (just changed DIGIKAM_INSTALL_PREFIX to
"/usr/local") and then make + make install (I'm running kubuntu 14.04). Any
idea what could be wrong please?

$digikam
Object::connect: No such signal
org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal
org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still
in use, all queries will cease to work.
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
digikam(15928): couldn't create slave: "Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamdates'.
"
digikam(15928)/digikam (core) Digikam::AlbumManager::slotDatesJobResult:
Failed to list dates
digikam(15928): couldn't create slave: "Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamalbums'.
"
digikam(15928)/digikam (core) Digikam::ImageAlbumModel::slotResult: Failed
to list url:  "Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamalbums'.
."
digikam(15928)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "Digikam/ImagePlugin"  not found

thanks in advance for your help ;-)

Best regards

Frantisek