[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.4.0 on Elementary OS

Antonio Trincone antonio.trincone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:55:25 GMT 2014

I am using, after many years on KDE the new Elementary OS distro of Linux.
It is a beta of the new version Freya replacing in a period the one stable
called Luna.
I was fortunate to install Digikam last version using ppa from Philip
Johnson in a right way the program seem to be not prone to crashes.
I used to adopt a gray theme but here when choosing a theme nothing is
present (not the list I used to see in KDE) but a Configure... choice which
is active (not gray menu item) but nothing occurs when I choose this. Gray
or black background is in my opinion much better than the splendid white I
have now.
Is there a simple way to get black/gray background when I see my thumbnails
on this system based on Ubuntu 14.04?
many thanks for possible answers
sincerely
Antonio