[Digikam-users] Finding my way through the digiKam code

Anders Stedtlund falolaf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 14:54:41 BST 2014

Hi,

As I have problem with resizing pics with digiKam >=4.x I thought this
is a good oportunity to get to know the code of the beloved digiKam.

I have started to look at the editor code but if someone could point
me in a direction on where to continue looking!

My problem seems to be that after a resize operation has finished, the
editor doesn't know about the new size of the image. E.g. the zoom
factor box in the bottom of the editor window shows a bogus zoom. I.e.
the zoom factor of the original image. So for example, how is that box
populated after a resize operation?

One example:
My Canon EOS 50D images are 4770x3177px in size and show up as zoom
factor 31% in fullscreen editor and image set to fit window. If I
resize the image to e.g. 500x333px the zoom still says 31%. Still fit
to window. So there is something odd going on there.

Any pointer would be appreciated!

/Anders