[Digikam-users] Face recognition memory hungry?

Johannes Schwall johannes.schwall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 19:29:24 BST 2014

Hi!

I had some similar effects a few weeks ago (I believe with DK 4.3.0): I
had to restart DK after having added a few (perhaps 4 or 5) face tags
because the memory was completely in use. Since then I didn't take the
time to check in more detail and couldn't say if the problem still remains.

Johannes

Am 13.10.2014 16:09, schrieb David Lindblad:
> Hi!
> I am a bit curious about the face recognition feature and it´s memory
> usage. As long as I just look att the pictures with face tag DK
> (4.4.0) and OS (kubuntu 14:10 pre-release)  uses approximately 16gb ram.
> As soon as I try to put a new name tag to a Picture it immediately uses
> up the remaining 16gb ram and some 32gb swap. Is this a normal
> behaviour?  I never noticed face-recognition to be this memory hungry
> before. Anyone ells noticed a similar behaviour?
>
> Best regards
> David

Johannes Schwall