[Digikam-users] Face recognition memory hungry?

David Lindblad david.h.lindblad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 15:09:46 BST 2014

Hi!
I am a bit curious about the face recognition feature and it´s memory
usage. As long as I just look att the pictures with face tag DK (4.4.0) and
OS (kubuntu 14:10 pre-release)  uses approximately 16gb ram. As soon as I
try to put a new name tag to a Picture it immediately uses up the remaining
16gb ram and some 32gb swap. Is this a normal behaviour?  I never noticed
face-recognition to be this memory hungry before. Anyone ells noticed a
similar behaviour?

Best regards
David