[Digikam-users] RAW file preview using embedded JPEG ?

Vincent Tassy photo at tassy.net
Mon Oct 13 17:50:26 BST 2014

Hi Gilles,

I was very happy with your answer. I tried it on my work computer where I have an old digikam 3.5 and it worked like a charm.

Now back at home, where I run Digikam 4.3 on a Fedora 20, there is a problem :/
Check out the following screenshots. The checkbox in the settings is un-ticked but the Raw preview still shows "Half size raw preview" ! (I've tried
closing/relaunching digikam)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1A_V-o8tk0qdWRlSUVLR1NHaE0/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1A_V-o8tk0qOVpqVkNvdVZLMjA/view?usp=sharing

What's even more strange is that when I browse my image collection, some CR2 files preview with the Embedded JPEG, some keep showing the Half Size RAW preview !
I don't understand the logic ...

Is there maybe a cache of those preview images ?
Any other idea ?

Thanks,

Vince.