[Digikam-users] Fix for MySQl problems.

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Wed Oct 8 17:02:40 BST 2014

Doses anyone know if there is a fix for the 4.X versions of digikam so
they will work with MySQL?. I've been having trouble since 4.0. On start
up Digikam starts and as soon as it tries to access the DB, it hangs the
whole system.

No error messages, only way to restart is by the power button. Here is
what I have installed:

[CODE]
~> rpm -qa |grep mysql
libmysqlclient18-5.5.33-2.2.x86_64
libmysqld18-5.5.33-2.2.x86_64
php5-mysql-5.6.0-248.3.x86_64
libqt5-sql-mysql-5.1.1-6.7.x86_64
libmysqlclient_r18-5.5.33-2.2.x86_64
libmysqlcppconn6-1.1.2-40.1.x86_64
libmysqlclient-devel-5.5.33-2.2.x86_64
libqt4-sql-mysql-4.8.5-5.13.1.x86_64
libreoffice-base-drivers-mysql-4.2.6.2-17.1.x86_64
[/CODE]

My sql itself is working fine. I can log in through phpMyAdmin or from
the command line and see all the data that was put into the database
prior to digikam 4.0. Also all other databases I have are also working.

I've checked the password and user privileges. All correct.

I can tell you I've been using mysql with digikam since it was first
made available with know problems. Also I know a bug report was opened
on this problem by someone else.

I run mysql on localhost, no network access. Let me know what other
information I can provide or tests I can run.

Thanks

Russ
--
openSUSE 13.1(Linux 3.11.10-21-desktop x86_64|
Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz|8GB DDR3|