[Digikam-users] Import of many photos

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Nov 26 18:54:19 GMT 2014

Hi list,

I'm trying to import several thousands of photos into digikam, a collection
recovered fro a harddisk that was damaged.

I tried to just import the cr2 folder, which contains several folders of 1000
images each, but the dialog to select a target album never becomes usable, it
is just a square.  My process window in KDE just shows digikam using 25% CPU
constantly, probably it just fully takes up a core of the 4 in the quadcore
system. Maybe it is retrieving thumbnails...

Anyone have an idea for how to import images in one go? My next attempt is to
import them folder by folder, but that will require a lot of work,
unfortunately.

Kindly,
Anders