[Digikam-users] Is there a tag tree uploader?

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Wed Nov 26 18:06:58 GMT 2014

Hi,

I sometimes have the following problem (which could be used
for good in this case):

A friend sends me images, tagged according to his tag-tree.
By importing those images to digikam, the tags are
automatically read from the images' EXIF data and created in
the tag tree. (The problem in my case: I don't want those
foreign tags, since I have a different kind of sorting in my
tag tree.)

So, to export tags:
 1. Take a picture in your photocollection
 2. Assign all your tags to this one picture
 3. Write those metadata to the image's EXIF
 4. Send this picture (include the tag tree) to a friend

To import this tag tree:
 5. Just move this picture in your digikam collection folder
 6. All tags should get read and created in your digikam
    tag tree

I haven't tried, but I think it could work this way. At
least as a workaround until a real export/import function is
implemented.

Regards,
	Peter