[Digikam-users] Can't write metadata to CR2 files under Windows
absort-digikamnabble at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 27 19:21:52 BST 2014
I'm currently evaluating digiKam on Windows and am impressed by what has been
accomplished. The main problem I've encountered is that I can't persuade
digiKam to write metadata to RAW CR2 files.
My understanding is that:
1) digiKam can write to RAW files if the configuration setting is changed to
do so – which I have. I note that this feature is considered experimental.
2) digiKam uses Exiv2 to provide RAW metadata writing support [source:
3) Exiv2 has only supported writing to CR2 files since 23-Apr-2012, when
version 0.23 was released [source: http://www.exiv2.org/whatsnew.html
4) since then, writing to CR2 files apparently works in digiKam under Linux
5) Exiv2 (or at least a command line version of it) is available for Windows
6) digiKam 3.4.0 has a build date of September 25, 2013, after the release
of Exif2 0.23
...so I guess that digiKam should be capable to writing to CR2, despite the
Can anyone provide me with further information on why this isn't working /
when it will work / whether it will be resolved in the Windows port of
View this message in context: http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/Can-t-write-metadata-to-CR2-files-under-Windows-tp4669747.html
Sent from the digikam-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Digikam-users