[Digikam-users] 2 problems tagging multiple images

Phil philtuckey at free.fr
Wed May 21 22:35:22 BST 2014

I went back to 3.5.0 to do more testing and I found both the problems
which I described below for 4.0.0. (Both running on OSX 10.9.2.)

When sidecars are truncated, I see the following error messages on stdout:

digikam(21240)/KEXIV2
KExiv2Iface::KExiv2::Private::printExiv2MessageHandler: Exiv2 ( 3 ) :
XMP Toolkit error 101: Unregistered schema namespace URI
digikam(21240)/KEXIV2
KExiv2Iface::KExiv2::Private::printExiv2MessageHandler: Exiv2 ( 3 ) :
Failed to encode XMP metadata.
digikam(21240)/KEXIV2 KExiv2Iface::KExiv2::save: Metadata for file '
"20140101-144225-IMG_4657.jpg" ' written to XMP sidecar.

I don't see any error messages on stdout which correspond to the other
problem, when XMP metadata in the image file is not updated.

I have done more testing with 3.3.0 on ubuntu 12.04 and have not been
able to provoke these problems.

Philip