[Digikam-users] Re : Re: 2 problems tagging multiple images

Philip Tuckey philtuckey at free.fr
Wed May 21 08:01:53 BST 2014

Sounds like it could be the same problem, I.e. the sidecars problem. It is easy to check, tag multiple images and then look in your file browser (sort on file size) to see if any of the sidecars are very small, 39 bytes for me.

I agree that rewriting tags on the affected images one-by-one fixes the sidecars, but if you retag simultaneously all the images you were working on, you may fix the ones initially affected but create the problem for others.

On 21 May 2014 04:31:25 CEST, HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net> wrote:
>For 4.0.0 I've also experienced that tags I applied in DK we're not
>picked up by Darktable although I have the "write to sidecar" in DK
>enabled. After going back to DK and forcing a rewrite of tags it was
>OK. I didn't however investigate deeper, so not sure whether it's
>exactly the same problem...
>
>--
>Composed on my tablet. Apologies for typos.

>the
>>> Hi
>>> OK...