[Digikam-users] digiKam 4.0.0: What does Tag Manager actually do?

Dmitri Popov dmpop9mm at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 09:07:10 BST 2014

Hello,

I'm having trouble understanding the purpose of the new Tag Manager. It seems like it merely duplicates functionality of the Tag sidebar. I haven't done some thorough testing yet, but so far, I can't see any compelling reason to opening the Tag Manager instead of just using the Tags sidebar. Am I missing something? Have anyone found a good use for the Tag Manager? What is rationale behind adding this feature to digiKam?

Thanks,

Dmitri