[Digikam-users] A modern auto-fix?

Paulux nvlplx at yahoo.fr
Sat May 17 15:36:47 BST 2014

Dear Paul,

You're right about the behavior of camera within the light. But you're wrong
for ohter items.

Firtly, DK local contrast tool doesn't remain mid and hight tones, their local
contrast is modified too, as far as I've experienced (but I admit that I've
tried differents adjustments and I use 2 parallel lines of adjustments)

Secondly, the page suggested by Gilles is interesting, but the expression
"tone mapping" is an abuse. Tone mapping is strictly the process to
transform an HDR picture in a LDR one. The doc linked by Gilles is about an
emulation of the rendering of some tone mapping algorythms, but not a
real tone mapping one.

Nevertheless, I really love the local contrast dK tool, which is a faboulus
tool. Thank you Gilles ;-)

Paulux