[Digikam-users] A modern auto-fix?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat May 10 21:52:13 BST 2014

> Gilles
> I am running 4.0.0-rc on openSUSE, LC does seem faster.
> In System Monitor, when running LC,  I see Digikam using up to 30% of CPU,
> which on a quad-core means a bit more than one full core.
>
> Is there any config that needs to be done/enabled, or does Digikam just take
> what it can get?

no. Your implementation (4.0.0-RC) use just single separated thread.

On current implementation, this scan all cores available on the system
(here i7 CPU = 8 cores) and divide all operations parallelizable. Each
core will run a parallelized part.

Gain depend of complexity of computation to process : between 40% to
60% of time is saved.