[Digikam-users] Nikon RAW support

snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 22 07:28:43 GMT 2014

Thanks for the replies- been out of range of phone/'net since I posted.
The D70 photos were imported from a USB backup hard drive - digikam is ignorant of the nefs; no thumbnail, and as I mentioned the file fails to open. I imagine all of them may have been (at least) looked at using the Nikon software. I doubt there was a lot (any ?) post processing done - but it  was a long time ago. The D7000 image for comparison was loaded (sorry, imported ;) directly from the camera.
You may be right about the images being mangled - Just installed gimp with ufraw plugin and it also can't handle the D70 nefs.

I managed to find a couple of my CF cards, one was empty, the other had only jpegs - I also found the camera and charger, so I'll get a RAW shot or two and see how digikam/gimp handles that. I'll report back.