[Digikam-users] "My Tags" is the base tag?

Wolfgang Mader Wolfgang_Mader at brain-frog.de
Mon Jun 30 12:34:39 BST 2014

Dear list,

I have whipped all tags from my images and using the Tag Manager, I have
whipped the database clean, also. Still, the Tag Manager shows a "folder"
called "My Tags". Is this something internal to Digikam or is this some tag
structure I missed when removing all tags? If it is internal are there tags,
which are not mine, and therefore should not belong to the folder "My Tags"?

As a related question. I write Tags to side-car files all the time, and
directly to jpg in addition, but not to raws. If I remove a tag from an image
using "Right Click on the Image"->"Remove Tag"->"Tag to remove" the tag
vanished, but this only seems to affect the Digikam database. exiv2 on the
command line still shows the tag is present in the jpg. The tag remains, even
if I select "Image"->"Write metadata to file"  (same for the side-car file).
However, if I use the right panel for tags and remove the tag there and hit
apply, the tag is also removed from the jpg. Is this intentional?

Thank you.
Best,
Wolfgang