[Digikam-users] Rotate a movie?

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Thu Jun 26 12:19:21 BST 2014

Þann mið 11.jún 2014 16:32, skrifaði maderios:
> On 06/11/2014 02:15 PM, John B. Egger wrote:
>> I shot a short video (mp4) with a new smartphone held
>> vertically, and it
>> appears in Digikam (3.5.0) horizontally (that is, the
>> bottom of the
>> video is at the right side of the screen, etc.). I can
>> rotate the
>> thumbnail 90d clockwise, but not the video itself. Any help?
>
> Hi
> You should use video editor, like Avidemux, the best (for me)

Or you can use either ffmpeg or mencoder; both can be used
from CLI on a single file, or in a script such as:

#!/bin/bash
#* 0 Rotate by 90 degrees clockwise and flip (default).
#* 1 Rotate by 90 degrees clockwise.
#* 2 Rotate by 90 degrees counterclockwise.
#* 3 Rotate by 90 degrees counterclockwise and flip.

#
for i in *.avi
do
mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg \
-vf rotate=1  $i -o $i.avi;
done;

Read the man pages for your favourite format. It could be this:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vf vflip output.mp4

There are gazillions of ways to do this,
google/duckduckgo/etc is your friend...

Sveinn í Felli