[Digikam-users] Digikam freezing

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Fri Jun 20 13:13:45 BST 2014

I am using Ubuntu Studio 14.04, and when using Digikam it keeps freezing
at startup. The progress bar at the bottom of the window gets so far and
then stops, and nothing responds in the program. I was using version 3.5
and in that it got as far as 91% and then froze.

So I uninstalled 3.5 and then downloaded and installed 4.0.0 and its
dependencies. Now when I start the program it gets as far as 38%, or
sometimes to 91%, and then freezes.

I have a lot of photos, and it all worked perfectly okay a few days ago
the last time I used it, this has not happened before, nor has anything
else changed in regards to the photos themselves. I have kept my Ubuntu
Studio up to date with automatic updates.

Any ideas why Digikam is freezing and how to get it working again?

I note that the digikam site says to have exiv2 at 0.11 or later, mine
is 0.23.

David K