[Digikam-users] Wrong aspect ratio for videos / Maintenance usability

Andreas Mair amair.sob at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 06:50:21 BST 2014

Hello Gilles,

meanwhile Gentoo put exiv2 0.24 into its portage tree and so I
installed it. This also required libkexiv2 to be rebuilt. digiKam now
displays that it's using exiv2 0.24. DigiKam is still v3.5.0.

So I tried a DB update. But I have problems using it:
1) I wanted to reread metadata from a single directory recursive,
where all my videos are located. But how do I do that?
I selected the directory in the "Process items from" section of the
maintenance window.
But what do I have to set for tags?
I tried with a single tag but then digiKam also updated pictures that
are not located in the directory I've set above. That's not what I
want.

2) Video metadata was not refreshed if the files had an XMP sidecar.

3) Video is still displayed using the wrong aspect ratio even if
digiKam now reports the correct aspect ratio of "16:9", width=1024 and
height=756.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Andreas