[Digikam-users] Crash on startup. ConnectionTest still in use. terminate called after throwing an instance of 'St9bad_alloc'

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 02:15:57 BST 2014

Hello all,

I found the offending piece of configuration.

The aforementioned crash happens whet digikam runs out of memory.

If I set 'ulimit -v 1500000', it crashes.

If I set 'ulimit -v 4000000', it runs succesfully.

I will add this information to the bug report.  At the very least,
digikam could fail more graciously if it can't get the memory it needs
(note that it is NOT using 1500000 memory!).

regards,
Gerrit Holl.