[Digikam-users] Crash on startup. ConnectionTest still in use. terminate called after throwing an instance of 'St9bad_alloc'

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 05:19:01 BST 2014

Hi,

I am unable to start digikam 3.5.0 due to a crash on startup.  I get
the splash screen until "Initializing main view", then it crashes.
The output is shown below.  The problem persists after I completely
remove digikam, remove ~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc,
.kde/share/apps/digikam, my thumbnails database, and my digikam4.db,
reboot, and install digikam again.  I am running xubuntu saucy (XFCE).

The output is not completely identical every time, but the output
shown below is typical.  I have also uploaded an archive with the
output of "strace -o -ff digikam" to
https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=87066

I have found some pointers on the web of people with similar problems,
but for them upgrading and removing/reinstalling the configuration
files solved the problem.  It doesn't for me.  I'm surprised that I
don't find other references; I suppose it must be due to some
combination of libraries that I have.  How would I proceed to
troubleshoot this issue?

$ digikam --version
Qt: 4.8.4
KDE Development Platform: 4.13.0
digiKam: 3.5.0
$ digikam
Object::connect: No such signal
org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal
org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is
still in use, all queries will cease to work.
QThread::start: Thread creation error: Resource temporarily unavailable
[...]
terminate called recursively
KCrash: Application 'digikam' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
Error: Could not determine display.
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi directly
terminate called recursively
terminate called recursively
terminate called recursively
Not forwarding the crash to Apport.