[Digikam-users] digikam 4.1 bugs

Wilkins, Vern W vwilkins at indiana.edu
Mon Jul 28 13:39:00 BST 2014

I haven't followed the thread completely but my question is whether the preview bug has been satisfactorily fixed in 4.1.  I gave up on using 4.x because of this problem.  No offense intended but this is a 'major' bug to have in a stable release and still in an update to the stable release.  For me it made the application more or less unusable.

I had the problem with 4.0 on Gentoo Linux, compiling against the latest unstable kde and opencv libraries, which included opencv 2.4.9.  I still had the problem after I built my own package for 4.1 and built against the same libraries.

On Fedora I had the same problem with Digikam 4.0.  I used another repository to install 4.1 and the problem still persists.  Fedora developers are trying to get opencv 2.9 into the repository and indicating this will fix the problem.  I'm not sure I've really seen that explained here.  Is this really a fix for the preview problem?

Thanks,
Vern