[Digikam-users] Still can't get readable tooltips in Digikam 3.1.0!

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 26 10:13:27 GMT 2014

I'm using Mint 15 Gnome/Cinnamon, fully patched, and I am using DK 3.1.0
from the Mint repositories.

I've installed the KDE systemsettings utility. From within DK
Settings>Themes>Configuration opend systemsettings, and I can change the
tooltip colours.

However DK gets confused. After a DK restart although the tooltip colors
are changed they are not always the colours I selected!

eg default is pale blue on white. Change settings to yellow (fg) on black
(bg), in DK I get yellow on white.

Change to yellow on white, I get yellow on white.

Change to black on white (#000000 on #FFFFFF), in DK I get black on white.

Change to white on black, I get white on white.

So it appears that the background change is not being honoured by DK (at
least not when using Gnome/Cinnamon).

I had the same problem when using OpenSuse 12.x

I've worked around it by selecting black on white, which I can at least
read, but it's obviously very buggy.

Neil Haughton