[Digikam-users] Workflow with gimp

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 17:23:52 GMT 2014

Why don't you try Darktable? You won't need Gimp anymore, as the new stable
version comes with mask drawing, so I don't know what for you would need
any other editing program.

As for pictures and metadata management, it's up to you to see if darktable
can do everything you need, or whether you'll keep Digikam for that (my
choice).

Marie-Noëlle

2014/1/2 Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk>

>  Hi list,
>

> I'm reaching a point where digikams internal editor is not enough for me
> to do the postprocessing I want to.
>

> I will have to use gimp or other to do additional work once in a while.
>

> So do you have tips on a good workflow for that?
>

> I will probably do the raw conversion using digikams editor, and global
> adjustments, but after that I will need an external application, so
>

> - which fileformat is best? png, tif, jpeg?
>
> - concerns about metadata?
>

> Any help appreciated!
>

> --
>
> Anders

<http://marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
Retrouvez mon portfolio et mes activités dans ma galerie
personnelle<http://marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>,
mes reportages sur Jingoo <http://www.jingoo.com/mnaugendre/>
Et bien sûr la page Photographe en
Cévennes<http://www.facebook.com/PhotographeEnCevennes>sur FB, et mon