[Digikam-users] How to use the processing information digikam stores

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 18 13:02:39 GMT 2014

> Does this affect / include the idea, I posted in topic / thread
> „Best Way to Backup‟ ?
>
> >  how are you recording your work between the backups?
> >
> > Is there a logging capability?
> > Good to know, which files are affected.
> > Better to know, which steps has been done to each file.

For photo editing, the steps will be recorded in the metadata.
(This works regardless of any metadata format issues because for any file that
digikam can create, it also knows how to write metadata)
The system is designed to be able to locate any images related to a given
image, and display the relation and editing steps. It is not primarily
desigend to find out which files were edited in a given period of time.