[Digikam-users] connectiontest in use, inotify limit

Teemu Rytilahti tpr at iki.fi
Mon Feb 17 23:30:15 GMT 2014

M. Fioretti wrote:

> Greetings,

Hello,

> #> QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is
> #> still in use, all queries will cease to work.

This one has something to do with the database backend and is happening to
everyone I think, it's a bug I'd assume and may cause some weird effects,
but I haven't noticed any (using sqlite here).

> digikam(14981)/digikam (core): Reached inotify limit

This one just means that the limit for inotify handles is most likely full
(or kernel failed to allocate resources for it). This could also be a bug,
I'm not sure whether inotify is able to watch directories recursively, but
at the moment the watches are being set per album directory. And that most
likely causes problems, if you have a lot of albums and/or sub-albums.

sysctl fs.inotify.max_user_watches will give you how many handles is
possible to have, you can also change that value.

--
Best Regards,
Teemu Rytilahti