[Digikam-users] Digikam 3.4 - stopped working with windows 7

Ian McCarthy idm.kde at cronkshaw.com
Thu Feb 13 11:20:44 GMT 2014

Hi all, I'm running digikam 3.4, the latest version for windows. I'm on
a windows7 64bit platform, and this version had been working fine,
however for the last few days it has stopped, I write and ask for advise.
I start the software, the loading pop-up window appears, completes and
the main window appears, together with the "Did you know pop-up" window.
Its locked up.
The main window now appears as a full maximised screen window, it didn't
use to do this.
The only way out is the three fingered salute, and then use task manager
to kill the processes.
The processes running are
5 kioslaves running along with
1 klauncher,
1 kded4,
1 digikam,
1 dbus-daemon

Any idea's
I have already rebooted the machine, re-installed the software.
--
Cheers Ian Mac