[Digikam-users] Temporarily override the 'write to file' metadata setting

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 19:59:59 GMT 2014

I made some progress:
 - I used the tool "remove metadata" and, provided I killed beforehand all
the remaining orphan processes, Digikam was able to run my queues without
freezing anymore.
 - and regarding the question of the temporary files we talked about the
other day, I can confirm that they are written in the destination folder
(on my internal harddisk, not on the USB one) where I found those that have
not been deleted by Digikam when I had to kill it.

So I now have a solution for the whole batches of pictures that are to be
printed: using the remove metadata tool when using the batch tool manager.
The problem remains for pictures I want to publish on the web, as for them
I need to keep the metadata... till a real solution arises, I guess I'll
have to treat them by little batches, so that Digikam will not get stucked
in the middle of the way. And remember to "clean up" any orphan process
before relaunching Digikam.

Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>