[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.0 won't run on Linux Mint 17.1: vanishes after album scan

Tom Rank tom at literaryconnections.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 21:14:29 GMT 2014

Hi Philip

Yes; "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" didn't seem to do anything. ("0 to
upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.")

I can understand that the preferences file needs changing (and have
found out how to use Gedit to do this), but I can't quite work out the
format. I'm wondering is this is it:

Package: *
Pin: origin "http://ppa.launchpad.net/philip5/extra/ubuntu trusty main"
Pin-Priority: 800

Package: *
Pin: origin "http://ppa.launchpad.net/philip5/kubuntu-backports/ubuntu
trusty main"
Pin-Priority: 800

Is that right? The bit at the end doesn't look right to me because of
the spaces, not something I'd expect in a URL.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Rank | tom at literaryconnections.co.uk | 01457 850966
www.literaryconnections.co.uk | http://blog.literaryconnections.co.uk