[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.0 won't run on Linux Mint 17.1: vanishes after album scan

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 21:02:02 GMT 2014

If you don't have it available then something is wrong how you added the
repository. Maybe you don't have included the PPAs key that makes the PPA
trusted? This can be done automatically if you use the add-apt-repository
command:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:philip5/extra
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:philip5/kubuntu-backports   (only use this PPA
if you are sure that you use KDE 4.14 and not with KDE 4.13)
sudo apt-get update

If digikam is installed before then:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

This will either just update all what's needed from my PPAs or tell you if
there is some kind of conflict that holds anything back that needs to be
solved.

/Philip