[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.0 won't run on Linux Mint 17.1: vanishes after album scan

Tom Rank tom at literaryconnections.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 20:42:46 GMT 2014

Hi

Thanks again. Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu 14.04, and my version uses
KDE 4.14. I've added the "extra" and the "kubuntu-backports" PPAs to my
software sources - but it still loads version 4.0.0, which has the
problem that it won't show my photos. I even tried:
sudo apt-get install digikam=4.5.0

But it replied:
E: Version ‘4.5.0’ for ‘digikam’ was not found

With other software, I recall that adding an extra PPA gave me the
newest version when it was not available in the official repository.
That doesn’t seem to be happening here.

Thanks for  any help!

Tom

Tom Rank | tom at literaryconnections.co.uk | 01457 850966