[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.0 won't run on Linux Mint 17.1: vanishes after album scan

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 18:48:56 GMT 2014

I don't really understand your problem. "Run Digikam again: same quick scan
of albums, then nothing." What does "nothing" here mean that is your
problem? As I understand it digikam doesn't crash on you?

If you update Digikam (or even otherwise) from a PPA or other way I suggest
that you make sure that you don't use sqlite3 3.8.2 that comes with Ubuntu
14.04 as that version is buggy with Digikam. So check which version of the
package libsqlite3-0 you are using. Ubunt 14.10 comes with version 3.8.6
that works much better so either install it from Ubuntu 14.10 or backport
it some how.

/Philip