[Digikam-users] Photos not showing in album after copy

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 23:12:53 BST 2014

You are correct this is stupid versioning getting in the way. The way it
works currently is VERY confusing as the editor button says save with
the original file name which it does NOT do. I copied the images I
wanted to edit precisely because I did not want to overwrite the
originals (something I ALWAYS do), this time I decided to edit the image
with digikam which now seems like a huge mistake considering the time it
has taken to get to the reason for this. Now I will go back to my old
way of doing this outside of digikam.

Has this changed along the way between releases because I dont remember
having this issue some time ago when I first started using digikam?

1.I never turned on non destructive editing and versioning on it was on
by default which I believe is wrong. If you believe it should be on by
default then this needs to be made clear on initial install and the user
should be asked to confirm they want it on and explain what happens if
they keep the setting.

2. If versioning is on it should NEVER affect any image other than the
one in the album opened in the editor, it should NEVER affect any other
image in any other album just because it has the same name. Assuming an
image is the same when it merely has the same name is completely wrong.

Stuart

Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org