[Digikam-users] Photos not showing in album after copy

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 21:01:21 BST 2014

OK done a bit more digging on this and having removed and re-added the
collection containing the albums and photos in question I can say that I
still have missing photos from the display.

Take one photo in particular the original is IMGP3763.JPG which is in
both the main album and the sub-album as shown by dolphin but will not
display in digikam at all in either main or sub albums.

However in the sub album I can see IMGP3763_V1.JPG which is an edit
which was saved as an original not a new version. So as I was not happy
with the edit I deleted this V1 image and lo and behold the original now
shows up in both main and sub albums.

So bottom line here is that when you save in edit something goes awry
with digikam. Saving as an original file name I would expect to save
without the V1 added and still both images to show in both albums
correctly but obviously different as one has been edited.

Stuart

--
Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org