[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.2.0 Freeze ...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:17:05 BST 2014

I also use a Win7 computer for testing, and i cannot reproduce the
dysfunction here.

D:/ is a local hardrive ?

Where is stored your digiKam database ?

Did you uninstalled previous version before to install 4.2.0 ?

Perhaps something is wrong in your digiKam config file stored in your
home directory. File is located at
~/AppData/Roaming/.kde/share/config.

Rename file as .old and restart digiKam. First Run assistant will
appear. After collection scan, try to reproduce the problem.

Alternative is to use a new fresh account to run digiKam and try to
reproduce the dysfunction.