[Digikam-users] how to migrate to mysql

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Mon Aug 18 17:41:41 BST 2014

On Sunday, August 17, 2014 12:01:12 PM Gilles Caulier wrote:
> We will review all works to do in database interface at next Coding
> sprint planed in automn. The goal is to propose a project for next
> GoSC 2015 to improve and stabilize MySQL/MariaDB support and perhaps
> add Postgresql support.
>
> I already triaged all reports about database. I have a clear vision of
> the problems :
>
> https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CON
> FIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=database&list
> _id=1114379&product=digikam&query_format=advanced
>
> In other words, use Sqlite in priority, and host database files to an
> SSD. It run perfectly here to manage an huge collection (around 143000
> items). Collection are hosted locally in Raid HDD and duplicated all
> night to a NAS. I never use remote collections.
>
> Gilles Caulier

zeller.org>:

> >> I migrated a while back and if i remember right I had to:
> >>       1. Create databases using phpMyAdmin (digikam4.db and
> >>       thumbnails-
> >>
> >> digikam.db
> >>
> >>       2. Create a digikam user and give proper permissions.
> >>       3. Go into digikam and select digikam settings -->database
> >>
> >>               a. Create the necessary information (Hostname, Port,
> >>               Schema
> >>
> >>                  (digikam4.db), thumbnails (thumbnails-digikam.db,
> >>                  User Id
> >>                  and password).
> >>
> >> Since version 4.0 came out I have not been able to access the
> >> database and digikam eventually tells me the application is not
> >> responding.
> >>
> >> my digikam version is now: still fails. It does pass the connection
> >> test, OK. If I drop back to version 3.5.0. everything was working
> >> with mysql located on localhost.
> >>
> >> Don't know if this will help.
> >>
> >> Russ
> >
> > I had a similar problem with the mysql-Database since v. 4.1.0 came
> > out. DK still was working but if I tried to change something in the
> > settings, DK occupied one core completely and hung. After all I
> > reinstalled DK from scratch using an sqlite database, which works
> > fine. So I suppose something is wrong with the mysql schema in DK
> > since 4.1.0

That a great idea but how can I use digikam now? I do have room to
install another database. Is 3.5 secure enough to use? I can drop back
to it except my distro is distributing 4.X with all new os releases. An
also updates the old release.

Is there anything I can check, etc. I am now test openSUSE 13.2 and
every time I open digikam it hang the system and requires a power reset
to escape.

It always fails with a message "Image failed to load"

Will install the debug info later today.

Russ

--
openSUSE 13.1(Linux 3.11.10-21-desktop x86_64|
Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz|8GB DDR3|