[Digikam-users] how to migrate to mysql

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 11:01:12 BST 2014

We will review all works to do in database interface at next Coding
sprint planed in automn. The goal is to propose a project for next
GoSC 2015 to improve and stabilize MySQL/MariaDB support and perhaps
add Postgresql support.

I already triaged all reports about database. I have a clear vision of
the problems :

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=database&list_id=1114379&product=digikam&query_format=advanced

In other words, use Sqlite in priority, and host database files to an
SSD. It run perfectly here to manage an huge collection (around 143000
items). Collection are hosted locally in Raid HDD and duplicated all
night to a NAS. I never use remote collections.