[Digikam-users] how to migrate to mysql

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sat Aug 16 18:33:38 BST 2014

On Saturday, August 16, 2014 11:37:54 AM Wybo wrote:
> I want to migrate my frequently crashing digikam sqlite database to my
> mysql database on my Synology station, but the migration tool says:
>
> Database connection test was not successful.
> Error was: Access denied for user 'wybo'@'wybo.fritz.box' (using
> password: YES) QMYSQL: Unable to connect
>
> My Synology station is on 192.168.178.27,
> the database listens to port 3306,
> on my FritzBox I forwarded port 3306 to 192.168.178.27,
> I can connect to the database on http://192.168.178.27/phpMyAdmin/
> I specified dk for the Schema name and dktn for the thumbnails Schema
> name, and whether or not I created those (empty) mysql databases makes
> no difference.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I migrated a while back and if i remember right I had to:
	1. Create databases using phpMyAdmin (digikam4.db and thumbnails-
digikam.db
	2. Create a digikam user and give proper permissions.
	3. Go into digikam and select digikam settings -->database
		a. Create the necessary information (Hostname, Port, Schema
		   (digikam4.db), thumbnails (thumbnails-digikam.db, User Id
		   and password).

Since version 4.0 came out I have not been able to access the database
and digikam eventually tells me the application is not responding.

my digikam version is now: still fails. It does pass the connection
test, OK. If I drop back to version 3.5.0. everything was working with
mysql located on localhost.

Don't know if this will help.

Russ
--
openSUSE 13.1(Linux 3.11.10-21-desktop x86_64|
Intel(R) Quad Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz|8GB DDR3|