[Digikam-users] Digikam on Mint 17 after update

m5ernel m5ernel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 07:35:41 BST 2014

Hello.
I've been using Mint for quite a long time. Now 17 Cinnamon is running on my
AMD 64 desktop. had a Digikam 4.2 working quite well until a couple of days
ago. That day I updated the system with Update manager. And after that - no
more Digikam!
I tried to re-install with apt-get commands (yes, I did apt-get update
first) and what I'd got was:

/Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

digikam : Depends: libkgeomap1 (>= 1.0~digikam4.2.0) but it is not going to
be installed
/

I am just a simple desktop user, no Linux expert. I assume it must be some
sort of problem with libkgeomap (version or what?) but have no clue of how
to fix it.
Please, help me with some for-dummies-cookbook-like instruction.

Thanks, regards,
Miloš